Do you have excellent grades in your academics and cherish a dream to pursue your higher studies abroad but you are stuck due to financial constrains? Here is a good news for you .Government of India offers many scholarships which covers almost all the expenses ranging from tuition fees to the living expenses of the students in the hosting country. These scholarships are available to sections of the society irrespective of caste, religion or region. Study abroad consultants can be of a great help for students regarding this
Various scholarships provided by Government of India for study abroad are:
Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships
This merit-based scholarship is offered only to students with master’s degree who wish to complete their higher studies in the USA. Tuition fees, living costs, health and travel expenses are covered by this scholarship.
- Applicant must have a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or full-time master’s degree.
- Require minimum grade of 55% marks in graduation.
- Enough experience in community service
- A score of a minimum of 6.0 grade in an English language proficiency test like IELTS.
- Flight ticket from India to your hosting country.
- Tuition fee of the university.
- Accidents, sickness of any kind as per the policies and procedures issued by the government.
Dr. Ambedkar Scheme of Interest Subsidy on Educational Loan for Overseas Studies
This scholarship is offered only to the needy students from Other Backward Classes (OBC) and Economically Backward Classes (EBC) category who wish to pursue abroad studies. It provides subsidies on the interest of educational loan that students need to pay while studying. Students who have at least a degree in Master’s can apply for the scholarship.
- The family income should not be more than INR 8 lakhs for OBC applicants.
- The family income should not be more than INR 2.50 lakhs for EBC applicants.
- Students should submit an income certificate, Income Tax Return (ITR), and Form 16.
Educational Loan for Overseas Studies covers:
- Due of interest at the time of the study.
JN Tata Endowment for the Higher Education of Indians
This is one of the oldest scholarships available in our country, which was established in 1892. It’s available for students who pursue to enrol their PhD or Post – Doctoral programmes in foreign countries such as Ireland, Canada and the USA. The Tata endowment charges only 2% simple interest rate on the loan in this scholarship. Through Ireland study abroad agencies in Kerala, you can gain more information about this scholarship.
- The candidate must be an Indian
- A minimum score of 60% in examinations
- Candidate must hold an undergraduate degree
- The maximum age limit is 45 years.
Education of Indians covers:
- Loan scholarship up to 10 lakhs
- A travel grant amount from INR 50,000 – 7,50,000
This scholarship is given by the Indian Government to students who are willing to continue their studies in the UK. This sponsors students who get admission to various universities and schools in the UK. This scholarship is available at 20 universities in the UK. This scholarship provides a maximum of 10,000 US dollars to cover the student’s health and tuition fees.
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen
- Must have an Under Graduate degree.
- Candidates can apply to Universities in the UK only.
Great Scholarship Covers:
- The maximum amount of 10,000 USD
- Health insurance
- Travel and life expenses
- Tuition fee
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship
It is a scholarship sponsored by United Nations Children’s Fund (UNCF) that is provided to doctoral and professional research students. This scholarship was introduced to support students who specialise in climate change issues. It carries the visa fee and health expenses of the student.
- Students must have registered for the related PhD programme and made sufficient research in their supportive field.
- Students who applied for the scholarship should follow the instructions of the employer or research guide.
- Monthly stipend
- Professional Allowance
- Accidental and Health claims
The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust
This scholarship was established in 1933 for women who are willing to study for bachelor’s degrees in social work, social science, and the welfare of women and children. All benefits required for a woman is included in this scholarship. UK overseas education consultants in Kerala can assist you to gather information about this scholarship.
- The student must be an Indian citizen and have a bachelor’s degree from an authorized institution.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience required.
- The applied University should be in the USA, UK or Europe.
- Expenses for women’s benefits
- Tuition fee
Cornell University Tata Scholarship
This scholarship is provided to students at Cornell University, New York, who wish to complete their graduation from Cornell University. The Tata Trust donates 25 million dollars every year to the University for this scholarship. It is a fully sponsored scholarship that covers all expenses of the students.
- Only Undergraduate programmes are available.
- The student must be an Indian citizen and completed higher secondary classes in India
- The student must have the financial backup from guardians.
- Semester fee and tuition fee
- It’s a fully funded scholarship scheme.
Scholarships are a blessing to students who wish to study – abroad. The scheme of scholarships will change based on merit, destination, subject etc. So the applicant should do necessary research about the scholarships before applying. If you are interested to know more about these scholarships, get in touch with government-authorized agencies or best study abroad consultants in Kerala. Education consultants like us are obliged to help you.